As a community organizer, I have seen that change is possible when people work together to advocate for themselves and others and to hold elected officials accountable. If we work together, we can do better together.
Life in Minnesota
I am a cyclist and often participate in 30 Days of Biking and Joyful Riders’ Club.
- Organizing and Co-chairing SD44 Forum with Representatives Acomb and Klevorn addressing the issues of:
Minnesota Care, Driver’s Licenses for All, Childcare Assistance Program/Islamophobia, 100% Clean Energy
- Canvassing in SD44 prior to the end of the legislative session to encourage people to contact their senator and express their support for the House proposals
- Organizing, co-chairing, and sharing a story at a Hennepin County District 6 & 7 Forum with Commissioner Callison where issues discussed were:
Affordable Housing, Immigrant Rights, Criminal Justice
- B. S. in Distributed Studies, Iowa State University- 1989
- DVM, Iowa State University – 1992
- Graduate work in Immunobiology